This article describes how to add multiple images to the lightbox shortcode and/or gallery items. By default only a single image can be displayed however the details below provide instructions for using multiple images.
Here is a basic overview of the steps we’ll be following:
- Download and install the custom Karma plugin
- Follow instructions below for implementing multiple-image lightboxes and multiple-image gallery items
Step 1: Download Custom Karma Plugin
- Click here to download the custom Karma Plugin
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard
- Install and Activate the Plugin: Plugins > Add New > Upload > Install > Activate
Setup Instructions: Multiple images / Lightbox Shortcode:
Please follow the steps below to enable multiple image within lightbox shortcode. (please note: you must first install the plugin from step 1)
- The Plugin will activate a new Shortcode available to Karma called: lightbox2
- Please note: The Shortcode is not added to the Shortcode Manager.
- Grab the Shortcode below and modify with your image information:
[lightbox2 style="shadow" image_path="" popup="" link_to_page="" target="" description="" size="portrait_thumb" image_paths_in_group="" group="" image_descriptions_in_group=""]
- There are 2 new options within the lightbox2 shortcode:
group=”" and image_paths_in_group=”"
- group=”" should be set with an unique number (ie. group=”gallery20″)
- image_paths_in_group=”" will contain the image paths for your additional images.
- Separate each image url with a vertical bar: |
- image_descriptions_in_group=”" will contain the description for each image in the lightbox.
- Separate each description with a vertical bar: |
Example of completed shortcode:
[lightbox2 style="shadow" image_path="http://themes.truethemes.net/Karma/wp-content/uploads/truethemes-portrait.jpg" popup="http://themes.truethemes.net/Karma/wp-content/uploads/truethemes-portrait.jpg" link_to_page="" target="" description="This is description 1" size="portrait_thumb" image_paths_in_group="http://themes.truethemes.net/Karma/wp-content/uploads/wordpress-portrait-6.jpg|http://themes.truethemes.net/Karma/wp-content/uploads/wordpress-portrait-3.jpg" group="pg_1" image_descriptions_in_group="This is description 2|This is description 3"]
Setup Instructions: Multiple images / Gallery+Portfolio Items:
- The setup process is very similar to the original gallery functionality (link to training video listed below)
- The plugin will retrieve all images which have been attached to a post and group them together as a single slideshow within the lightbox.
Creating the mutliple-image gallery/portfolio post:
- Follow the same post-creation process just as your normally would (outlined in the video below)
- After naming the post and setting the featured image click on the default “Add Media” button
- Now upload any images you wish to be part of the “multiple-image” group. Do not “insert the images into post” simply upload them and close the window. The plugin you installed will recognize these images and do all the heavy lifting for you.
- That’s all